Friday, March 11, 2011

Korea Korea KOREA!

When I first got to this oh so wonderful country I was a little upset. It was gray cloudy and it seemed a bit dismal to me. As we drove through the city it was just utter amazement. As I stayed in the next few places, everything grew on me, the smell, the relatively dismal appearance. As I always do I found something pleasant about this place, something we don't have where I come from, mountains. Now on a good clear day the sun beams down on them and shadows of the clouds make them seem like an old country western movie except with beautiful grass a trees there are military vehicle and kimchi factories. I'm enjoying, more than anything, being in a different country, however, it doesn't always feel like that living in little America on the army post. It's nice to go out and really soak up the country.
I've tried a lot of different food, most of the time I just want American food, and even that is meager. I'm fairly blessed to have wonderful friends back in the states who support me and keep in touch with me, I'm very veryyy blessed to have my family and even more the friends who are becoming my family here.
Work is AWESOME! I love what I do and how getting dirty is apart of my everyday job. I love doing the typical army things, putting up tents and cots, carrying a weapon and I even like the ruck marches every Friday, even though they KILL me. I don't want to retire out of the military but it's nice to know I can, and I might if I love my job for the next few years as much as I do now.
The night life is absolutely insane here, oh my gosh, person after person after person, and the Koreans are huge on drinking! They drink every night, and they drink soju, which is a brain killer for sure. You can be going somewhere at noon and they smell of alcohol from the night before, insane compared to the states.
I did some research on elevation, in Jacksonville they are 5ft above sea level and good ol' Lake County we're only 7ft, here I'm 2765ft above sea level, it kills me on runs! hahaha.
When I first got here I thought this website was in Korean, don't ask how I finally figured out it's not. haha. OH the weather, it's cold, but it's finally in the 40's about every day and I have to say I'm loving it!!! I can't wait for 60's!!! They say it's the coldest here in years, yay the Florida girl got to experience it. I witnessed my very first ever protest! There had to have been at least 65 Korean police and about 15 protesters, but they had such a good reason to be hating us, a 20 year old male had gotten drunk went into a home of a 68 year old woman and 75 year old man and attempted to rape the woman and beat the couple. It's people like him that make us look bad, and this is why the older generation doesn't even appreciate us being here. It wasn't a very dangerous protest so stop worrying mom. HAH!

I do believe I have told you all I could
~*Peace Love n Chicken Grease*~

1 comment:

  1. Love you Love your post. Would like to see some pictures of those mountains though. Stay safe!Love Mom.

    ReplyDelete