Thursday, July 29, 2010

My new life....

9 weeks of basic and 3 weeks of AIT later and I decide to update my life, only by request, I knew it would be coming eventually. So this is dedicated to my dear LC. :)
I've been through basic training at the wonderful FT. Sill, in the terrible state of Oklahoma. In the middle of what I would call dry season. I discovered 3 things about Oklahoma in the months of April through June, it's always windy, the stuff there is GIGANTIC, and the sky is beautiful at all times. It's hot, so hot, and I joined the fighting force that doesn't roll their sleeves up, so it's hot in a shirt, pants, boots, knee high wool socks, and a jacket, in fact, imagine marching 4 miles in 30 minutes with a ruck sack, a water source and a weapon, in full uniform...death doesn't even explain the way something like that feels, it's a horrible horrible tease as to what death can be, infact. Truth of the matter is; basic combat training of the army was AWESOME! I never expected to have any form of fun once so ever, and to enjoy nearly every moment that I had, be it good or bad, is so amazing, it changed my life, my attitude, I didn't think I would change at all, but the truth of the matter is that I'm still who I was before, just an American Soldier, dedicated, and determined, motivated and proud.
I've done something that most people only dream of, and I truly am proud, it's not been an easy path, that's for sure, but yes; fun and excited. Now being in A.I.T where they aren't as strict about all the little things, as they were in basic, I'm even more proud, no I don't have as much fun (mainly because I'm not shooting that weapon), but I do make it a good time.
Augusta Georgia has to be the oven of America, it is just so baking hot, all the time...Oklahoma never got this hot. So! Here I am learning what my MOS is all about, and 25U, is all about electronics, I almost wish I would have known that before, I probably wouldn't have picked it. This is soooo not my fourte, but I'm trying and giving it my damnedest attempt for sure.
Needless to say I am loving my new life and I can't wait to be done with all of this training!!!

~Peace love -n- chicken grease~ :)

1 comment:

  1. We love and miss you. Good to hear your having a good time of it. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete